MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: xenforo to mybb question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My forum is currently running Xenforo, but i have a subfolder in the ftp with the mybb uploads. which would be (myforumurl/mybb)  If i were to use the merge plugin from mybb, would i need to wipe the current database on my mybb side? then run it. Also will all the plugins and my custom made theme remain after the process.
do not wipe out MyBB database. And the custom theme & plugins of MyBB forum are not affected by the merging process.

see http://docs.mybb.com/1.8/merge/running/
(2015-12-12, 05:53 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]do not wipe out MyBB database. And the custom theme & plugins of MyBB forum are not affected by the merging process.

see http://docs.mybb.com/1.8/merge/running/

If i were running a dummy database would it still need to be kept?
^ yes. esp. MyBB forum database structure should be available to add the other forum contents.
(2015-12-13, 02:09 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ yes. esp. MyBB forum database structure should be available to add the other forum contents.

Would it overwrite the current mybb db or create duplicate forums, members etc..
content from the new forum will be added to the existing MyBB forum
(2015-12-13, 03:07 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]content from the new forum will be added to the existing MyBB forum

Ah then i would be better off having a clean slate as i don't wish to keep the current content, basically i have an old database on, if i preformed the merge it would just duplicate the existing I believe.
in that case, you can install a fresh MyBB forum and merge with the other forum. add required themes & plugins later
(2015-12-13, 03:30 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]in that case, you can install a fresh MyBB forum and merge with the other forum. add required themes & plugins later

basically the main forum as of right now is 
forumauthority.com
the mybb one is forumauthority.com/mybb 

the forumauthority.com is on xenforo and the forumauthority.com/mybb is on well mybb
I want to move the mybb forum to the domain forumauthority.com and delete the xenforo software, if that makes sense?

so in my ftp i have all the xenforo files and among them a mybb folder which inside has all the mybb files.
I'm thinking of replacing the xenforo files with the mybb ones then preforming the merge