MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: An old forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I had a forum up about a year ago, it is running version 1.6.

I brought it alive today and in the header I am getting these errors.

Warning: Unterminated comment starting line 1 in /home/*/public_html/global.php(367) : eval()'d code(9) : eval()'d code on line 1

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/*/public_html/global.php(580) : eval()'d code(39) : eval()'d code on line 35

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file in /home/*/public_html/global.php(580) : eval()'d code(71) : eval()'d code on line 1

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/*/public_html/global.php(580) : eval()'d code(88) : eval()'d code on line 1

I have tried to replace the files and I have tried upgrading. It is always throwing errors at me. I would appreciate your help.

Joey
please note : support for MyBB 1.6 series has ended.

anyway, you have to check the codes in the header_welcomeblock_member & header templates of active theme
Hi .m.,

I understand that. I want to upgrade from 1.6 to 1.8 which I need support as I am encountering errors.

I am getting this, "Fatal error: Call to undefined method MyBB::get_input() in /home/*/public_html/install/upgrade.php on line 162"

+

These are the errors I am getting in my header for all users (guests, members etc.)
https://gyazo.com/edcd8d858965812ec34cae8545af2541
looks like all files are not overwritten correctly for the upgrade (esp. files in inc folder)

And for the errors shown at the top of forum you have to check suggested templates.
(2015-12-13, 06:36 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]looks like all files are not overwritten correctly for the upgrade (esp. files in inc folder)

And for the errors shown at the top of forum you have to check suggested templates.

Yes, I was hoping you could guide me into what to do for the files not writing properly in the upgrade folder.

Thank you.

Edit: Could I install a new copy of MyBB and import my database to the new version?
^ to upgrade, for the inc folder only (i.e. not for its sub-folders) you can delete all files except config.php & settings.php
and upload the files from the new version. this should help in upgrading without referred error.
How do you know it is the inc folder? Sorry, I am just interested.
^ well, most of library functions are coded in files belonging to inc folder & its sub-folders
and the error mentioned by you is from the files of inc folder.
Thank you, I have successfully upgraded MyBB.

I still have that issue with my header, unfortunately it is nothing to do with the templates.

Could you please see if you know what the error is pointing to?

Thanks
^ assuming that you have a legit forum, you may PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & files (FTP) to check the issue