MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to change theme element colors?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm confused and frustrated.

I'm trying to something that I'm familiar with in other BB scripts and other CSS driven sites, but I'm not getting anywhere in myBB.

For example, I have edited and uploaded the stylesheet.css file I found in the Axiom folder - on the theory that Axiom is my default theme - but the colors of the elements remain unchanged.

I'm referring to the blue bg behind the post headers (Forum Threads Posts Last Post) and greyish blue behind the list of posts below - which seems to be the same color behind the posts.

Where please are those items edited?

Has anyone created annotated files that would make skinnning a bit easier?

TIA
okay have you tried going to Admin Cp > Themes > Modify / Delete > and you can edit it from there and change and do what ever you need to with the css

best regards,
Christopher
Axiom is the Admin CP theme, not the forum theme.
crsoft Wrote:okay have you tried going to Admin Cp > Themes > Modify / Delete > and you can edit it from there and change and do what ever you need to with the css

best regards,
Christopher
Until you mentioned it, I didn't realize it existed. I'm more accustomed to editing the CSS directly.

Why doesn't that work in BB?

The system in BB Admin seems more complicated than directly editing the CSS.

Thanks for the response but I'd really prefer to edit directly.
Tikitiki Wrote:Axiom is the Admin CP theme, not the forum theme.
Hmm, the mystery deepens for me. I edited the Axiom CSS but the interface for Admin is unchanged.

I guess you are the right guy to ask. How can I edit in the CSS?

BTW, I have been through IPB, phpBB, yaBB and a few other scripts but this is the first one I think I'll be staying with. I am looking forward to an IPB convertor so I can rescue a long languishing site that I've had to pull offline because of security holes that IPB is demanding serious money to plug, even though I was a frequent contributor of funds and forum support long before they turned their back on their original supporters.
It's because of inheritance problems in the current versions, we cannot have directly editing of CSS. Otherwise it would screw up your forum's theme and make it worse, so therefore MyBB 1.2 does not have this feature
Well, I guess I can live with the system you have. I like everything else about myBB.