MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyInvision
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I hate the invision default skin, but I commend your effort it does look very very much like an invisionboard.

Which is why I won't be using it. :p

Good job.
MyInvision 1.2.0 should be finished before Halloween. Images and CSS are all done, Im going to edit even more templates to get it as close as possible.

And, of course, I am hoping that labrocca will do me the honor of beta testing before I release. Smile
MyBB,
Is it possible to show a preview of MyInvision 1.2 before release?

Regards, Ginji.
Eh, its sorta private Toungue.
Audentio Wrote:MyInvision 1.2.0 should be finished before Halloween. Images and CSS are all done, Im going to edit even more templates to get it as close as possible.
I'm glad to read it!
am waiting too
i was user of invisions Smile
[Image: display_buttons.gif]

Anyone care to tell me if this would be acceptable? Big Grin
I would say it's ok imho. It COULD be an issue with IPB but it's my opinion that in a court of law you would win. You can't really copyright a gradient. However your buttons could be perceived as "derivitive works" from the originals. I guess one litmus test would be if you used the IPB GDK to create these. If you did maybe you can recreate the image but with the curved corner on the top right instead of the bottom left.

Nice looking images though. I can't ever tell if you are a talented designer or a talented copier. You don't seem to create much original work. That's just my observation.
You've never seen any of my work then have you XD. All Im trying to do is recreate the IPB design for MyBB. It is one of the most common designs, along with mybb default and vb default, and phpbb default of course, so its basically just practice and it seems to be popular. Its something I said I would finish and I want to. So when you say I am copying, you are completely correct. I have only converted two themes > IPB Aqua and this one. Its copying, yes, tis the whole point XD.

Thanks a lot for your words, I truly do value them. Smile When the skin is done I will of course want you to take another look before release, is that alright?
MyBB,
I like it better than the normal IPB images. Looks more 2.3.x-ish.

Regards, Ginji.
Pages: 1 2 3 4