MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Session cut on Who's Online problem?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, it seems my problem has partially fixed or fully fixed from the Who's Online page, i don't know.

I have 1 slight problem and i have tested this out on my forum with around 10 people including myself. If we are browsing everything is fine, but when the website gets closed, it still displays the user as online until the Offline Cut at 15 minutes, even though they have closed the browser and don't have it opened.

I have tested this on a few forums, i closed the browser at the same time on 5 different forums, and went on a different browser to check and i was marked as offline because i closed my browser.

My question is, has my settings been changed for or is my Who's Online still messed up? Here is my settings.

I'm sure you are suppose to get marked offline/session cut if you close the browser, but on my forum if people close the browser, they are still marked as online.

Help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!
[Image: 4d7c2c67c94118df0bd88e0ff88630a2.png]
The web server and MyBB simply don't know whether the browser is closed or not.
(2015-12-15, 10:52 AM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]The web server and MyBB simply don't know whether the browser is closed or not.

Why does it mark people as offline when they close the browser on some forums, and on other forums, it still marks them online when it's closed.

Is this a problem with Who's Online? And is it fixable?

Or is it a completely fine and there is nothing wrong.
The session system timing depends solely on page loads (when one is opened or refreshed):
(2015-12-15, 10:52 AM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]The web server and MyBB simply don't know whether the browser is closed or not.

If a user doesn't perform any action in defined time period they are considered offline; it can happen earlier when the forum is visited from the same IP address as a guest - MyBB removes the previous session with same IP that belongs to a logged in user (these sessions are related only to the Who's Online list and don't cause users to be logged out automatically) and creates a new one.
(2015-12-15, 01:41 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]The session system timing depends solely on page loads (when one is opened or refreshed):

If a user doesn't perform any action in defined time period they are considered offline; it can happen earlier when the forum is visited from the same IP address as a guest - MyBB removes the previous session with same IP that belongs to a logged in user (these sessions are related only to the Who's Online list and don't cause users to be logged out automatically) and creates a new one.

So i have no problems and it's all completely fine?
(2015-12-15, 01:55 PM)Swifter Wrote: [ -> ]So i have no problems and it's all completely fine?

Correct, that's the default behavior of MyBB.