MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: You don't have permission to access ... - after hosting migration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Recently, my hosting operator had migrated my services and now I'm having trouble with getting my forum back to "stable" state.

For example:
I'm trying to add a new stylesheet to my theme, but when I click "Add stylesheet" (http://smolna13test.hosting3351360.az.pl...heet&tid=3)
I get a freakin access 403 error: 
Quote:Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /admin/index.php on this server.

This doesn't happen if I create new theme or new PM, or some other things that are actual "creation",
BUT, there are forum users complaining that they can't send PMs - they get the same error. 

I've read some threads here and there and some people reported that there were some php functions/modules malfunctioning. I bet that this is the case, as I have all CHMODs set properly and also settings.php, config.php and database mybb_settings seem to be set correctly too.

Also I've found some errors in hosting log:
[Tue Dec 15 03:47:25 2015] [error] PHP Warning:  Module 'PDO' already loaded in Unknown on line 0
[Tue Dec 15 03:47:25 2015] [error] PHP Warning:  Module 'dom' already loaded in Unknown on line 0

Can these cause my problems?

I've tried changing PHP versions via Parallels Admin Panel, but that didn't work - but of course it's not like clean php reinstall.

Can you please tell me what I should do in this case? 
I really don't know where specifically the problem might be. 
Is there a way to check for php errors that could actually be relating to the specific problem?
F.e. "I click the "Add stylesheet" and get the error - simultaniosuly the error and reference to php function/module is printed into a error logfile.

I've also tried installing a fresh copy of myBB, to make sure everything is configured correctly and problem stays the same.

Please help,
Thanks.
see Mod security. it would be better to contact your web host & ask to disable such additional security !

And referred php errors should be also fixed by the web host (they are not related to MyBB)
@.m. Thanks for your post.
I've suspected mod_security too and I've made some tests on local server with and without mod_security and im 100% sure it is the problem. Localhost without mod_security or with it disabled via .htaccess, makes forum fully functional.
Unfortunetly my hosting provider is retarded and:
1. They won't accept disabling mod_security.
2. They won't add my domain to mod_security whitelist.
3. They won't help at all.

So here comes another migration to another hosting.

I guess I shouldn't post the hosting operator's name here, but I can give it to you via PM - and I definitely will tell you to avoid this terrible provider.