MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My Advertisements 2.1.2 where/how to install?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Geez, this is so frustrating.

I'm trying to install My Advertisements 2.1.2 to mybb 1.8.6 and as my life goes it doesn't work or appear in the plugins list.

I uploaded "the contents" of the upload folder (not the folder) to Upload folder on my server but it doesn't appear in Admin Cp.

Pirranha or whoever wrote the thing has a lot of pretty important looking stuff located in the Readme_files folder located on my hard drive (not my server) so it's a wonder why it doesn't get uploaded too.

All I want to do is put my own advertisements on mybb forum!!

Can anyone help?  This is SO frustrating!!!

Anybody?

You mean I've gotta pay to get help?! That's INSANE considering the plugin should work or documentation should be provided on how to install and use it.
uhm.. everything you got to do is upload the files inside the "Upload" folder in your forum root, if the plugin doesn't show in plugins page, you surely did something wrong while uploading. The files locates in "readme_files" have nothing to do with the plugin, they are just css/image files of his Readme page, which has nothing to do with the plugin itself
I believe you are uploading the contents of the "upload" folder into the "uploads" folder onto the server. The "uploads" folder is used for attachments and avatars not plugins. The plugin files should go into the respective folders.

For example: Upload > inc > plugins > myadvertisements.php
Should be uploaded to: inc > plugins
So now myadvertisements appears in myBB Plugins list and has been activated.

As you'd expect I have no idea how to get the thing to work or make some screen appear that suggests I'm working with the plugin MyAdvertisements.
Same problem, uploaded the contents of the upload folder (consisting of two folders, named inc and jscripts) to the inc > plugin folder, but My Advertisement doesn't appear in the plugin list in MyBB admin mode.

Any suggestions very welcome..
(2016-02-24, 01:28 AM)HvK Wrote: [ -> ]Same problem, uploaded the contents of the upload folder (consisting of two folders, named inc and jscripts) to the inc > plugin folder, but My Advertisement doesn't appear in the plugin list in MyBB admin mode.

Any suggestions very welcome..

At my age I can afford to say this- if the addon (or whatever the thing's called) doesn't work then it's junk.

Whoever wrote the thing should provide support for free. 
I darn well know I would.

It's not as though they made something that's operational and much needed or in demand.

MyBB is free and open source- the addons should be too or be banned of makers that provide "help" for a fee.
@both : if direct help required, assuming that you have a legit forum (see support eligibility policy)
you may PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & files (FTP)

basically contents of Upload folder should be transferred NOT the Upload folder itself.

see Installing Plugins guidance

guidance provided by mmadhankumar Wrote:1. Download the Mod zip file
2. Extract the zip files
3. Open the Upload folder and upload the files inside that folder to your root folder on FTP
4. Login to ACP and open Plugins from the Quick Access menu
5. Install and activate the plugins
Thanks .m., much appreciated. 

I have a simple question though. Your third point argues:

["3. Open the Upload folder and upload the files inside that folder to your root folder on FTP"]

The content of the Upload folder are two folders called inc and jscripts

This is not what I've done, I've uploaded the contents of the upload folder into the inc > plugin folder

Uploading it into the root, dunno. There already are existing folders called inc and jscripts, wouldn't uploading to the root overwrite these? That's my worry, apart from the fact that it seems logical that a plugin is uploaded to the plugin folder..

Thanks.
^ if you are using a ftp client (eg. filezilla) then
existing folders are not overwritten - inside contents get transferred.

if you are using file manager at web host panel then
contents of upload folder can be compressed as a zip archive
(again compression is for the contents. NOT for the Upload folder itself)
that zip archive can be transferred to the main folder of MyBB files server
and it can be extracted through the file manager.
.m. you're really helpful, and that is reassuring as I'm indeed using FTP transfer and I was worried overwriting existing stuff and really messing things up that way.

But I don't understand why they have to be uploaded to the root instead of the plugin folder.

Don't all plugins simply go into the plugin folder? Isn't that what's it for..
Pages: 1 2