MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Multiple Themes on Core
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think it would be nice if MyBB had 2 or 3 templates included on the install. I know PHPBB has two different styles included. I think it would be cool for MyBB to keep the "default," had another one as "default-dark," and maybe one more that is unique to MyBB 2.0. Wink
There are Smile. You can either go to themes > default : scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see many colors/styles available.
(2015-12-18, 02:37 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]There are Smile. You can either go to themes > default : scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see many colors/styles available.

Zmans talks about themes in MyBB 2.0 Wink
(2015-12-18, 06:26 AM)zpintar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-18, 02:37 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]There are Smile. You can either go to themes > default : scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see many colors/styles available.

Zmans talks about themes in MyBB 2.0 Wink

One can only assume such a recently'ish added feature will be included in 2.0
There will be only one main theme, but there will be the same colour variation system as there is in 1.x. Creating multiple wildly different themes would take too much time. phpBB has a few different ones as one of them is an old legacy theme that they've just kept in the core install. With MyBB 2.0 being a full rewrite, we can't recycle the old theme unfortunately.
(2015-12-18, 11:39 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]There will be only one main theme, but there will be the same colour variation system as there is in 1.x. Creating multiple wildly different themes would take too much time. phpBB has a few different ones as one of them is an old legacy theme that they've just kept in the core install. With MyBB 2.0 being a full rewrite, we can't recycle the old theme unfortunately.

Honestly, phpBB has old  proSilver theme in version 3.0 and in 3.1, so phpBB 3.1 looks likes 3.0
In user's perspective, phpBB 3.1 and 3.0 are the same systems. Differences are only in notifications and incompatibility with old themes and mods. Under the hood phpBB 3.1uses Symfony  but ordinary user don't see advantages.

This is my main reason to switch to MyBB 2.0 when will be ready. Wink
(2015-12-18, 11:39 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]There will be only one main theme, but there will be the same colour variation system as there is in 1.x. Creating multiple wildly different themes would take too much time. phpBB has a few different ones as one of them is an old legacy theme that they've just kept in the core install. With MyBB 2.0 being a full rewrite, we can't recycle the old theme unfortunately.

Hmm. A throwback version from 1.6 using the new template system would have been a nice addition. Too bad it would only delay the release. Perhaps an official style could be published after MyBB 2.0 is released?
(2015-12-18, 11:23 PM)Vashnik Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-18, 11:39 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]There will be only one main theme, but there will be the same colour variation system as there is in 1.x. Creating multiple wildly different themes would take too much time. phpBB has a few different ones as one of them is an old legacy theme that they've just kept in the core install. With MyBB 2.0 being a full rewrite, we can't recycle the old theme unfortunately.

Hmm. A throwback version from 1.6 using the new template system would have been a nice addition. Too bad it would only delay the release. Perhaps an official style could be published after MyBB 2.0 is released?

That's always possible Smile We're planning to do more official plugins and stuff with 2.0 (such as the Calendar becoming an official plugin) so I can see this expanding to themes too fairly easily.