MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Daily Post Counter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How would I add something like this to my forum?

http://imgur.com/jCOlu3y
Why don't you simply ask DF team about that? after all that is their customization and hope they will tell you how they do that.
(2015-12-19, 01:31 PM)Dark-Power-Invader Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't you simply ask DF team about that? after all that is their customization and hope they will tell you how they do that.

I'm not a member or participant of that forum-I'm asking here. I found that they had one when I was looking for tutorials on how to add a daily post counter. Other forums have one as well but I thought the above was a clear example. Thanks.
(2015-12-19, 07:19 PM)Cierra Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-19, 01:31 PM)Dark-Power-Invader Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't you simply ask DF team about that? after all that is their customization and hope they will tell you how they do that.

I'm not a member or participant of that forum-I'm asking here. I found that they had one when I was looking for tutorials on how to add a daily post counter. Other forums have one as well but I thought the above was a clear example. Thanks.

Yea, multiple forums have it. It seems to be done with Javascript on the few boards I've seen it on.
(2015-12-19, 09:12 PM)Wage Wrote: [ -> ]

Yea, multiple forums have it. It seems to be done with Javascript on the few boards I've seen it on.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-186797.html and no, don't use java for it when it can be done using PHP.
(2015-12-19, 10:10 PM)Sazze Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-19, 09:12 PM)Wage Wrote: [ -> ]

http://community.mybb.com/thread-186797.html and no, don't use java for it when it can be done using PHP.

Not every one wants arbitrary code running on their board, definitely with most beginners starting out with a huge administrative/staff team. I wouldn't recommend doing it with PHP in Templates. You're better off making a plugin for this.
The simplest way to get it is using php in templates as no one want to build own plugin to make a post counter they(DF) are using a modified index.php file as well as if statement php codes in template.
(2015-12-21, 03:20 PM)Dark-Power-Invader Wrote: [ -> ]The simplest way to get it is using php in templates as no one want to build own plugin to make a post counter they(DF) are using a modified index.php file as well as if statement php codes in template.

My forum use a modified index.php file for daily post counter, and in the template I use variables.
(2015-12-21, 05:19 PM)Sazze Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-21, 03:20 PM)Dark-Power-Invader Wrote: [ -> ]The simplest way to get it is using php in templates as no one want to build own plugin to make a post counter they(DF) are using a modified index.php file as well as if statement php codes in template.

My forum use a modified index.php file for daily post counter, and in the template I use variables.

And that is the best way to create a post counter instead of making a plugin.
(2015-12-22, 03:29 PM)Dark-Power-Invader Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-21, 05:19 PM)Sazze Wrote: [ -> ]

And that is the best way to create a post counter instead of making a plugin.

Indeed, just count the total posts made today and then do if statements to see if it's been reached or not.
Pages: 1 2