MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Index sidebox issues "latest threads"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have two issues with the side box on my index page, trying to add latest threads:

<div class="side" style="float: right; width: 19%">

<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(function(){
jQuery(".latestthreads").load("{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/portal.php .latestthreads_portal");
}); </script>

<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead">
<div class="expcolimage"></div>
Latest Threads
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow3" style="{$collapsed['ths_e']}" id="ths_e">

<div class="latestthreads float_left">
</div>

</td>
</tr>
</table>

</div>

The latest threads arent showing up it's just blank and this side box is below another box and is attached to it and I cannot <br> it!
Do you have deactiveted the portal in ACP?!
Replace all the content on portal_latestthreads_thread template with this new one:

<tr class="latestthreads_portal">
<td width="230px" class="trow3">
<strong><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/{$thread['threadlink']}">{$thread['subject']}</a></strong>
<span class="smalltext"><br />
{$lang->by} {$lastposterlink}<br />
{$lastpostdate}
</td>
</tr>

Again, this is NOT the best way to achieve this, you have plugins for this which works better than this code.
(2015-12-19, 06:37 PM)SvePu Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have deactiveted the portal in ACP?!

Yes. But I tried with the portal activated and still did not work.

(2015-12-19, 07:38 PM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]Replace all the content on portal_latestthreads_thread template with this new one:

<tr class="latestthreads_portal">
<td width="230px" class="trow3">
<strong><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/{$thread['threadlink']}">{$thread['subject']}</a></strong>
<span class="smalltext"><br />
{$lang->by} {$lastposterlink}<br />
{$lastpostdate}
</td>
</tr>

Again, this is NOT the best way to achieve this, you have plugins for this which works better than this code.

Ok I'm going to use a plugin. I didn't want to use the plugin because it has the "recent threads" at the bottom, and I tried putting it in a side box but the recent threads plugin layout didn't fit well on the side.  There a way to change the layout?Thread / Author

Thread / Author  | forum | Posts | last post.
Thanks.