MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help with smtp mail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need help, my forum won't send confirmation emails out and I'm clueless as to what I am doing wrong.

The error code I get from the log is:
The mail server is not ready, it did not respond with a 220 status message.
&
The mail server does not understand the RCPT TO command. Reason: 550-Please turn on SMTP Authentication in your mail client. 550-linuxweb1.nitrous-networks.eu [185.38.148.82]:53553 is not permitted to 550 relay through this server without authentication.

Thanks,
Kolakiala.
Are you sure your SMTP server is enabled?
(2015-12-20, 11:03 PM)Phrenetiick Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure your SMTP server is enabled?

If not how would I got about enabling it?
You should ask your host I believe. Have you tried the PHP option instead?
Make sure all the details you have provided for the SMTP-server are correct, and that the SMTP-server allows connections from your forum to it.

You can try to ping your SMTP-server so you can be fairly positive the server allows connections to it (this does, however, not mean that the SMTP configuration is setup correctly).

Are you using an own SMTP-server or are you using it from a provider? I've experienced issues myself with Gmail as it does not allow unsafe connections. You have to enable it in the options somewhere. I forgot where, though.
(2015-12-21, 11:31 PM)Tankey Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure all the details you have provided for the SMTP-server are correct, and that the SMTP-server allows connections from your forum to it.

You can try to ping your SMTP-server so you can be fairly positive the server allows connections to it (this does, however, not mean that the SMTP configuration is setup correctly).

Are you using an own SMTP-server or are you using it from a provider? I've experienced issues myself with Gmail as it does not allow unsafe connections. You have to enable it in the options somewhere. I forgot where, though.

Let me know how can I configure it for gmail account