MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems sending mail to users.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2016-03-01, 12:33 AM)Zarkaylia Wrote: [ -> ]<?php
/*********************************\ 
  DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE, PLEASE USE
  THE SETTINGS EDITOR
\*********************************/

$settings['load'] = "0";
$settings['myinsertcommand_rules'] = "Spoiler tag,spoiler,yes";
$settings['mail_message_id'] = "0";
$settings['yuieditor_rules'] = "imgur";
$settings['yuieditor_rules_des'] = "";
$settings['mail_parameters'] = "";
$settings['adminemail'] = "This bad boy right here should be before mentioned host-provided email/SMTP username";

Thanks for replying,

I'm still having problems with it, My $settings['adminemail'] = " was already before the smtp setting.. Undecided

I also noticed that if you change the email address in this setting $settings['adminemail'] = " it will revert back to the previous email address next time you send a mass email. Huh

\ Wrote:)RAG()N' pid='1210615' dateline='1456965962']
(2016-03-01, 12:33 AM)Thanks for replying, Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still having problems with it, My $settings['adminemail'] = " was already before the smtp setting..  Undecided

I also noticed that if you change the email address in this setting $settings['adminemail'] = " it will revert back to the previous email address next time you send a mass email. Huh 

Huh  Maybe try to set the admin email field in your control panel? Maybe that's working for you? Also, I forgot to clarify that hotmail-adresses won't work I think, mentioning it just in case.
(2016-03-03, 01:20 PM)Zarkaylia Wrote: [ -> ]
\ Wrote:Huh  Maybe try to set the admin email field in your control panel? Maybe that's working for you? Also, I forgot to clarify that hotmail-adresses won't work I think, mentioning it just in case.

Thats what I was thinking and I set it to another email address (admin@xxxxx,com) in ACP but didn't make any difference it still sent it from my very first email address I entered in ([email protected]), There must be another file somewhere that can overwrite the settings.php file.

Anyway the good news is for some reason now the board is sending mass emails Big Grin I have no idea way because I don't think anything has changed except for it overriding the settings in settings.php file

Cheers
])RAG()N

Seams funny that there is not many people with this email problem, I'm just wondering if this bug is from Merging Systems I came from phpbb3 to mybb Undecided
(2016-03-03, 04:18 PM)])RAG()N Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-03, 01:20 PM)Zarkaylia Wrote: [ -> ]
\ Wrote:Huh  Maybe try to set the admin email field in your control panel? Maybe that's working for you? Also, I forgot to clarify that hotmail-adresses won't work I think, mentioning it just in case.

Thats what I was thinking and I set it to another email address (admin@xxxxx,com) in ACP but didn't make any difference it still sent it from my very first email address I entered in ([email protected]), There must be another file somewhere that can overwrite the settings.php file.

Anyway the good news is for some reason now the board is sending mass emails Big Grin I have no idea way because I don't think anything has changed except for it overriding the settings in settings.php file

Cheers
])RAG()N

Seams funny that there is not many people with this email problem, I'm just wondering if this bug is from Merging Systems I came from phpbb3 to mybb Undecided

As far as I'm aware my problem started when my host updated their security measures. Suddenly their system disallowed sending mails from header, which is what MyBB does, and also disallowed the use of @hotmail for outgoing mail. That might be why it doesn't apply to everyone.
Pages: 1 2