MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems sending mail to users.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greetings!

The title I believe says enough and I'd like to skip ahead to this provided guide to fix the send-from-header-thing that my host since recently has problems with:

MyBB's guide to fix this in inc/functions.php

My current problem is that I can't find the required line:

mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);

that the guide specify. It is not in inc/functions.php as it appears.

1) Could someone specify more precisely where to find this file? The amount of include-folders and functions.php-files I got under different folders and directories is utterly ridiculous.

or

2) Should I in reality be looking for a different line than this guide says? Or is it correct?

A little shameless bump as this issue is rather crippling to my community.
bump?
Find file here:

yourdomain.com/inc/functions.php

If you have 1.8.6, the latest version, you can follow that guide just fine. I double checked and there's definitely a line that includes the line you can't find. The line may not be exact letter for letter but the idea of placing something before it is the same.
That doc is indeed outdated. There's no mail() call and that option is changed here:
https://github.com/mybb/mybb/blob/featur...hp.php#L51
So make sure your admin E-mail is correct.
(2015-12-28, 12:57 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]That doc is indeed outdated. There's no mail() call and that option is changed here:

Thank you.

I'm working with this atm. Should I put the admin mail adress in the ['adminemail']?
A little bump as this remains unsolved. I'd appreciate to know what needs changed to assure MyBB doesn't send from header. Everything is OK host-wise.
Well, as I mentioned, editing your admin email in settings should help, if I understand your issue correctly.
(2016-01-08, 09:20 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, as I mentioned, editing your admin email in settings should help, if I understand your issue correctly.

This haven't helped. I've even had the host support login to my panel and make sure it has the settings they require.   Huh

(2016-02-29, 06:47 PM)Zarkaylia Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-08, 09:20 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, as I mentioned, editing your admin email in settings should help, if I understand your issue correctly.

This haven't helped. I've even had the host support login to my panel and make sure it has the settings they require.   Huh

I at least got an update, but Idk if it's worked.

I dug out the settings file and while it says to NOT alter the settings there but rather in the control panel the email was still set to the old one and not the one in the ACP.
Did you get it fixed Zark,? If so can you post up how to fixed it.
I have the same problem and there is not much help on this subject.
\ Wrote:)RAG()N' pid='1210347' dateline='1456785125']
Did you get it fixed Zark,? If so can you post up how to fixed it.
I have the same problem and there is not much help on this subject.

I can barely believe it, but it does look like my epiphany today worked. So for those of you with the same problem, this might be your solution:

NOTE! This solution is working with mail handler being SMTP mail! Your host should be able to tell you if you should use SMTP or PHP. I can't say for sure this works for PHP mail.

1. Make sure your settings under Configuration>Mail Settings match what your host require. Ask the host if you're not sure, maybe you're running PHP when you should run SMTP?

2. In the SMTP username field you need your host's provided mail. While your host should've given you this as part of your required setting from point 1 above I'm pointing this out cause this is the mail/info you need.

3. Your admin mail need to be that mail adress/username. Here's where things went wrong for me: despite changing this setting from the ACP at Configuration>Board Settings>Site Details it didn't work. Editing this field did nothing at all and I still got a hotmail adress in there. This might or might not be a problem for you, if it is:

4. Go to your forum files. Go to public_html>forum>inc and find the settings.php file. It says not to edit it, but screw that. Directly making this edit in the file solved the problem for me:

<?php
/*********************************\ 
  DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE, PLEASE USE
  THE SETTINGS EDITOR
\*********************************/

$settings['load'] = "0";
$settings['myinsertcommand_rules'] = "Spoiler tag,spoiler,yes";
$settings['mail_message_id'] = "0";
$settings['yuieditor_rules'] = "imgur";
$settings['yuieditor_rules_des'] = "";
$settings['mail_parameters'] = "";
$settings['adminemail'] = "This bad boy right here should be before mentioned host-provided email/SMTP username";

I hope it helps, otherwise, free to ask me questions on this. I've worked on it a long time with both this community and my host, so bare with me if I'm bad at recalling though.

(2015-12-28, 12:57 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]That doc is indeed outdated. There's no mail() call and that option is changed here:

And a shoutout for this being correct, of course. Just didn't work for me to do it from the ACP.
Pages: 1 2