MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Multiple Registration Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am unsure if this has already been suggested as I couldn't see any similar however I think MyBB 2.0 would benefit from native support for external registration methods such as:
  • Steam
  • Google
  • Facebook
  • Other main players
It is my belief that by implementing this feature two issues would be addressed:

1. Minimizes security concerns as majority of MyBB forums are not well guarded from experience and in the event of a breach in security where the database is accessible all passwords are handled by a trusted third party where security is a major concern.
  2. Allows for easier registration. Once validated by a big player they simply have to connect their account meaning that more people are likely to sign up and they don't have to worry about remembering their password/username.
I am looking forward to the new release that has BCrypt, easier intergration and more. Keep up the good work MyBB Team.
/Thread

Steam would be good as well.
FB and Google are likely to be implemented, but I don't see why Steam would be there by default. It might be popular, but it's still used mainly on gaming-related forums only.
Yes, as said I imagine:

- Facebook
- Google
- Twitter

Other methods should be added easily by adding a class (or two). We'll likely be using Socialite: https://github.com/laravel/socialite - which has Facebook, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn, GitHub and Bitbucket integration out of the box.
(2015-12-26, 04:59 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]FB and Google are likely to be implemented, but I don't see why Steam would be there by default. It might be popular, but it's still used mainly on gaming-related forums only.

Steam is used on a lot of technology related forums hence why I suggested it.