MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IPB3 merging forum issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trying to convert a fairly large IPB3 forum to MyBB.

The issue I'm having is once it starts to import the forums, it crashes and Chrome displays a "No data received" error, I've tried checking the server logs but there's nothing there.

I even tried the PHP dev server (PHP -S), which ended with the server itself dying. I then tried with Firefox and still nothing (Connection was reset).

Has anyone else had this issue and found a fix? I really need to get this forum converted to MyBB.
are you trying on live web server ? instead can you use local web server (eg. xampp) for the conversion
(2015-12-27, 11:32 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]are you trying on live web server ? instead can you use local web server (eg. xampp) for the conversion

I'm trying on a local server.

OS X 10.11.2, Apache 2, PHP 5.6 (even tried PHP 5.5). I've even tried increasing the amount of memory available to PHP.

I've managed to narrow it down to the "cleanup" part of the "IPB3_Converter_Module_Forums", more specifically, the "make_parent_list" function, if I comment out that part it no longer dies, but of course the forums don't get merged properly.

Alright, so I think I figured it out, there's an infinite loop happening due to a child forum having a parent that belongs to the child forum. This IPB is really messed up. I guess this isn't a merge system issue at all, just a really bad IPB database.