MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Friendly URL 500 Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
i have Post4VPS.com in a apach2 webserver
and when i rename the htaccess.txt to .htaccess then i get 500 Error,

so what should i should I do to fix it?
It is not mybb fault its from your webserver software configuration.
(2015-12-28, 01:06 PM)Dark-Power-Invader Wrote: [ -> ]It is not mybb fault its from your webserver software configuration.

Actually, that's not true. The htaccess.txt is provided by MyBB and if it leads to a webserver error when you rename it to .htaccess, then there is a problem with the .htaccess with is provided by MyBB. The webserver error log will tell you what is wrong.
You should consider the htaccess.txt an example only; if your webserver is configured restrictively it might just not work even though it works for most other people. If it's a VPS and you're running your own webserver, you're responsible for your own setup.
I made it fixed through some edits on htaccess file and already sent the file to thread owner so it must be closed/marked as solved.
its not solved , yet, those files not worked.
i am using Apach2
Sorry about that i made it fixed in my computer but wait i used custom minimized virtualhost file for it including just the servername, alias and directory.