MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hostgator Version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, just added mybb through hostgator cpanel quick install. The latest version is 1.6

can i upgrade without downloading and then uploading. no clue since i don't know a thing about set up
You should not use autoinstallers, especially if the latest version is 1.6. Manual installation is much more reliable and easy if you follow the guide: http://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/
(2015-12-29, 12:21 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]You should not use autoinstallers

What he said.

Autoinstallers modify the core files to make them usable - which in turn causes a headache for you when installing new plugins.
Are there any particular auto installers that should be avoided? I know of Installatron and Softaculous (both very common with cPanel hosts). I personally have used Installatron and the experience was very positive. I once had an issue, however that issue was reported to Installatron who promptly resolved the issue. They will even auto update for you which can be great for automatically and quickly applying security updates to your websites.
Yes. All of them.