MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to generate a postbit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I want to make a custom part on the showthread page, and I want to include the postbit.
I believe the function is build_postbit, however I'm not sure what data is supposed to be in there.

Nobody? Maybe there's a workaround then to just show the postbit part?
Depends on what you want to make but your best bet is,

https://github.com/mybb/mybb/blob/0a15f0...1048-L1065

All thought it can get messy
(2015-12-31, 05:36 PM)Rakes Wrote: [ -> ]Depends on what you want to make but your best bet is,

https://github.com/mybb/mybb/blob/0a15f0...1048-L1065

All thought it can get messy

What if there's no post?
Can't you just use the show thread and post bit templates? If PHP is needed use template conditionals.
(2016-01-02, 12:44 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]Can't you just use the show thread and post bit templates? If PHP is needed use template conditionals.

Didn't know I could just do that without any post data.
How can I get them to show in the template?
(2016-01-07, 05:47 PM)Bluestone Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-02, 12:44 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]Can't you just use the show thread and post bit templates? If PHP is needed use template conditionals.

edit the templates
post bit templates > postbit
(2016-01-08, 02:12 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-07, 05:47 PM)Bluestone Wrote: [ -> ]

edit the templates
post bit templates > postbit

I don't understand how I'm going to show the postbit by editing it.
Ideas? Anyone?
Maybe you could tell us what you're trying to do? You're being extremely vague and I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to accomplish other then trying to edit something with the postbit or showthread?
(2016-01-10, 01:07 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you could tell us what you're trying to do? You're being extremely vague and I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to accomplish other then trying to edit something with the postbit or showthread?

I want to show this part
[Image: ylfbA1A.png]
in a random div inside showthread.
Pages: 1 2 3