MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Flatty theme questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Theme: Flatty

I wonder how can I add a log-in form in the sidebar here:

[Image: img.png]

And how can I change the size of the footer :/ ? Its too big.

Thank you in advance  Smile
Hi Vinnie,

Quote:Admin CP  ›  Templates & Styles  ›  Templates  ›  Flatty Templates  ›  Index Page Templates  ›  index

There you have to replace line 17-31 by the following code:

<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
	<tr>
		<td class="thead_2">
			<strong>{$lang->login}</strong>
			<div class="float_right" style="padding-top: 3px;"><i class="fa fa-sign-in"></i></div>
		</td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td class="trow1">
			<span class="smalltext">

<div align="center" style="padding: 10px;">			
		<form method="post" action="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php">

<input name="action" type="hidden" value="do_login" />
			<input name="url" type="hidden" value="" />
			<input name="quick_login" type="hidden" value="1" />	

<input name="quick_username" id="quick_login_username" type="text" value="Username" class="textbox initial_focus" style="width: 100%; margin: 5px 0px 10px 1px;" /><br />	
			<input name="quick_password" id="quick_login_password" type="password" value="Password" class="textbox" style="width: 100%; margin: 0px 1px 20px;" />		

<div class="float_right">
			<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=lostpw" class="lost_password float_right">{$lang->lost_password}</a><br />
			<input name="quick_remember" id="quick_login_remember" type="checkbox" value="yes" class="checkbox" checked="checked" />
			<label for="quick_login_remember">{$lang->remember_me}</label>
		</div>

<input name="submit" type="submit" class="button" value="{$lang->login}" style="margin: 1.7em 1px 4px; width: 100%; border: 0; padding: 8px; color: #fff; font-size: 14px; background: #2c82c9;" />	

</form>
	</div>

</span>
		</td>
	</tr>
</table>

* it's a bit dirty but should work.

Now go to:

Quote:Admin CP  ›  Templates & Styles  ›  Flatty ›  global.css  ›  Edit Stylesheet: Advanced Mode  ›  Scroll down to line 452 and find    "input.textbox"

replace input.textbox or line 452-460 by this code:

input.textbox {
    background: #fff;
    color: #999;
    border: 1px solid #ddd;
    padding: 9px 10px 9px 10px;
    outline: 0;
    font-size: 13px;
    font-family: "Open Sans", Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif; 
    box-sizing: border-box;
        -webkit-box-sizing: border-box;
        -moz-box-sizing: border-box;
        -o-box-sizing: border-box;
        -ms-box-sizing: border-box; 
}

2.) What part of the footer do you want to resize? The upper part or the lower one? Or do you want to resize the width/textlength of the 'About Us' text?!
(2015-12-31, 07:40 AM)delay Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Vinnie,

Quote:Admin CP  ›  Templates & Styles  ›  Templates  ›  Flatty Templates  ›  Index Page Templates  ›  index

<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
	<tr>
		<td class="thead_2">
			<div class="float_right" style="padding-top: 3px;"><i class="fa fa-sign-in"></i></div>
		</td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td class="trow1">
			<span class="smalltext">

<input name="quick_username" id="quick_login_username" type="text" value="Username" class="textbox initial_focus" style="width: 100%; margin: 5px 0px 10px 1px;" /><br />	
			<input name="quick_password" id="quick_login_password" type="password" value="Password" class="textbox" style="width: 100%; margin: 0px 1px 20px;" />		

<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=lostpw" class="lost_password float_right">{$lang->lost_password}</a><br />
			<input name="quick_remember" id="quick_login_remember" type="checkbox" value="yes" class="checkbox" checked="checked" />
		</div>

<input name="submit" type="submit" class="button" value="{$lang->login}" style="margin: 1.7em 1px 4px; width: 100%; border: 0; padding: 8px; color: #fff; font-size: 14px; background: #2c82c9;" />	

</form>
	</div>

</span>
		</td>
	</tr>
</table>

Now go to:

Quote:Admin CP  ›  Templates & Styles  ›  Flatty ›  global.css  ›  Edit Stylesheet: Advanced Mode  ›  Scroll down to line 452 and find    "input.textbox"

input.textbox {
}

2.) What part of the footer do you want to resize? The upper part or the lower one? Or do you want to resize the width/textlength of the 'About Us' text?!

Hello delay, thank you for your reply! 

As for the footer, its this part:

[Image: Untitled_1.png]

I had to remove the social network icons because we just have a facebook page, it'd look weird to see just a facebook button  Big Grin
(2016-01-03, 05:26 PM)Vinnie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-31, 07:40 AM)delay Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Vinnie,

<tr>
		<td class="thead_2">
		</td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td class="trow1">
			<span class="smalltext">

</div>

</form>
	</div>

</span>
		</td>
	</tr>
</table>

Now go to:

input.textbox {
}

Hello delay, thank you for your reply! 

As for the footer, its this part:

I had to remove the social network icons because we just have a facebook page, it'd look weird to see just a facebook button  Big Grin

What is your forum URL (a valid one) and why didn't you use the lower part (.lower) instead of the upper part (.uppermid) which is smaller by default.

PS: You have to adjust the padding of the class.
(2016-01-07, 03:59 PM)delay Wrote: [ -> ]What is your forum URL (a valid one) and why didn't you use the lower part (.lower) instead of the upper part (.uppermid) which is smaller by default.

PS: You have to adjust the padding of the class.

Hello, thanks once again! I did everything you said and it turned out nicely.

My last question (I hope) is about after logging in: the form stays there, but I wanted to change it for something like "Welcome (x) member"  Huh 

The forum is still under construction (changing a lot of stuff) but is an old forum. I shall put the link here once everything's done. I really appreciate your help!
Well, never supposed to be go away. That's what you wanted - a login form. Toungue

I might be wrong (maybe there is a way of doing this like you want it to be), but to be honest I highly doubt that there is a proper way of doing this at the moment. You could try fetching the welcome/login-box from the portal page the same way it's done with/like the 'latestthreads' section but that's pretty stupid in my opinion because it loads literally everything of the portal. The reason why I do not really recommend and ofcourse do not support this.

But if you want it anyway then I'm gonna tell you how to do it.
(2016-01-09, 07:35 PM)delay Wrote: [ -> ]Well, never supposed to be go away. That's what you wanted - a login form. Toungue

I might be wrong (maybe there is a way of doing this like you want it to be), but to be honest I highly doubt that there is a proper way of doing this at the moment. You could try fetching the welcome/login-box from the portal page the same way it's done with/like the 'latestthreads' section but that's pretty stupid in my opinion because it loads literally everything of the portal. The reason why I do not really recommend and ofcourse do not support this.

But if you want it anyway then I'm gonna tell you how to do it.

The reason I am asking this its because our forum had that before. Here's an old print:

"It says: Welcome, visitor" and it changed when we logged in. And now its not possible?
That's not what I wrote - I never said that it is not possible. Smile
(2016-01-10, 08:18 PM)delay Wrote: [ -> ]That's not what I wrote - I never said that it is not possible. Smile

Oh ok, but you said its a little stupid. The members were used to it, so do you recommend having it ? Or should I remove the login form?
It indeed is. I (personally) do not recommend it but at the end it is up to you though. If you want to have it anyway then tell me.
Pages: 1 2 3