MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: use a little question insteed of CAPCHA Image
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All..
I Just get this Idea this will make it easyer in regsistration and good protected from spam
we can samply use something like that (insteed of the capcha image)

question>
15 plus 5 equle?
under it a little text faild if the user insert something deffrent and not (20) returne fulse, if he insert 20 then procced the regestration
(why I think this good idea? becuase there are people who have a weakness eyes, I think that will be easyer for them)
the question in the code maybe something like that
$nA = rand(0,20);
$nB = rand(0,20);
$answere = $nA + $nB;
echo "<form method=\"POST\" action =\"member.php\"><br />"; //I'm not sure lol
echo "$nA plus $nB equle?"."<br />";
echo "<input type=\"text\" name =\"ans1\" id=\"ansout\">";
echo "<br /><input type="submit" value="Submit">";
if ($asnout == $answere) {
returne true;
}
else {
mybb->setting['lang_error_answere'];
}
the code above it's totaly not right code , I just trying to explain my idea..
thnx
Using math is the worst idea. Computers are good at math.. Smile

If you do it in this method you would need to still use captcha so that bots can't read the question. So your method is no different really than the current captcha method. One new idea is using sentences like "who is the president" but of course then you have to rely on people not being complete morons.
labrocca Wrote:Using math is the worst idea. Computers are good at math.. Smile

If you do it in this method you would need to still use captcha so that bots can't read the question. So your method is no different really than the current captcha method. One new idea is using sentences like "who is the president" but of course then you have to rely on people not being complete morons.

It will be verry samply math like 5+10 something like that
but about asking theme who is the president, if you write this code whene boch he is the president, and whene I come to register another persone he is the president, so how can I get wich one you want me to type it? Toungue
I hate these captcha images myself. The question is: how to make these images user friendly? Some of them are absolutely difficult to decipher--a mere waste of time, I must say.
You can have better protection or you can have better usability. The question is, where are you going to draw the line?
pepotiger Wrote:
labrocca Wrote:Using math is the worst idea.  Computers are good at math..  Smile

If you do it in this method you would need to still use captcha so that bots can't read the question. So your method is no different really than the current captcha method.  One new idea is using sentences like "who is the president" but of course then you have to rely on people not being complete morons.

It will be verry samply math like 5+10 something like that
but about asking theme who is the president, if you write this code whene boch he is the president, and whene I come to register another persone he is the president, so how can I get wich one you want me to type it? Toungue

A bot can read a math question and answer it. So no matter how simple or difficult the math question a bot will be able to answer it. Do you see my point? If you write this script...I can write one just as fast to defeat it. Asking a non-math question is more difficult for bot. There are some security features which asks questions.
labrocca Wrote:A bot can read a math question and answer it. So no matter how simple or difficult the math question a bot will be able to answer it. Do you see my point? If you write this script...I can write one just as fast to defeat it. Asking a non-math question is more difficult for bot. There are some security features which asks questions.

I was have no idea about the "the bot can read and answer the math questions!!"
so we have to use it just as Tikitiki saied..
but another suggestion I think it's better,
make the capatcha typing numbers, that will be easyer then chractars..
You could make it harder by combining the two: Get a captcha image to ask a maths question.
DrPoodle Wrote:You could make it harder by combining the two: Get a captcha image to ask a maths question.

I already said that...

labrocca Wrote:If you do it in this method you would need to still use captcha so that bots can't read the question.

And as I pointed out...then if you use captcha what's the point. The entire concept of captcha is to prevent bots reading it. It bots defeat your captcha then no amount of math question via captcha will make any difference.

The best ideas to prevent bots are changing your fonts often...possibly create your own font even. Or use another method altogether that may not even be discovered yet. I have heard some experimentation with sound files...where you have type what's said in the sound file. Humans have 5 senses...we need to use the senses that bots can't.
I can just see "Type in what you smell" ;P

"A big fart"
Pages: 1 2