MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can I reinstall myBB on my server ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I got much problems with myBB software I change much things in the codeing so my website gots errors. So my question now is: Can I remove myBB on my server without losing my posts/members etc... Is this all still in my database? And Can I connect the database with than the new installated version of myBB ? 

Thank you and have a nice Day!
what errors you are getting ?
you can take backup of database & important files and re-install. however I don't think re-installation fixes errors.
(2015-12-31, 03:34 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]what errors you are getting ?
you can take backup of database & important files and re-install. however I don't think re-installation fixes errors.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-187461.html

I can't load plugins. When I don't lose any of my datas than a reinstall isn't a problem for me. I will install all my main plugins easy again.

Thank you,
CabCon
assuming that you have a legit forum,
if direct help required & if you can wait for some time then
you may PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & files (FTP) to check the issue
(2015-12-31, 11:34 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]assuming that you have a legit forum,
if direct help required & if you can wait for some time then
you may PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & files (FTP) to check the issue

the issue is that I deleted the admin index.php file (a mistake). So I reload it with the one from your donwloaded 1.8.6 version. After that the Plugin Section don't work anymore... So that Is the problem. 

So can I reinstall myBB and use the database for the new installed version? To merge all posts/threads/users to the new installed version ? Big Grin
loading of plugins section page depends on the code used in plugins you have.
have you disabled the plugins before upgrading ? can you list all the plugins files

reinstalling MyBB is unnecessary. you can move all plugin files to a temporary folder
(eg. inc/temp) and move back files one by one to find which plugin is causing the issue.
(2016-01-08, 01:36 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]loading of plugins section page depends on the code used in plugins you have.
have you disabled the plugins before upgrading ? can you list all the plugins files

reinstalling MyBB is unnecessary. you can move all plugin files to a temporary folder
(eg. inc/temp) and move back files one by one to find which plugin is causing the issue.

Thank you it works it was the dvz_mention plugin Big Grin Thank you and I have also another question when myBB 2.0 will come out than it is just un update or a new core version which I need to install compelty new the my server. Also can I merge my content than ?
MyBB 1.8.x forum can be upgraded to MyBB 2.0 - i.e. existing forum content will be available after upgrading
(2016-01-09, 07:41 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB 1.8.x forum can be upgraded to MyBB 2.0 - i.e. existing forum content will be available after upgrading

That's sounds awesome! Can't wait Big Grin