MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Additional Contact Information
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As a long term user of MyBB, I would love to see the ability to easily change and delete Additional Contact Information, just like the Custom Profile Fields component.

I feel very locked down being forced to either go in to the raw coding and database and delete the fields, or just put up with the options, many of which are not even used any more. ICQ? Aim? Google Talk? Even Yahoo? Who uses these? For my current forum, I'd need things like Skype, Steam, Teamspeak... anyway, I digress.

In an ideal world I'd like the same interface/options as custom profile fields options, like being able to require it at registration, choose who can see it, even change the field type; what would really maximise this feature is the ability to put the custom profile fields in to categories that automatically separate themselves on the UserCP and at registration, roughly like below. I don't expect a GUI to move the sections about or anything unrealistic like that; simply on one side is fine as long as I don't have to put everything under either Required Fields or Optional Fields, which again is limiting.

[Image: wk5oo4.png]

Your thoughts?
Contact fields will be custom profile fields in 2.0.
This has been brought up before. I've always been an advocate of MyBB providing the framework letting admin add and remove contact methods / social media profiles, etc.