MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: .htaccess redirection issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, yesterday I installed google seo plugin. While doing that I couldn't find .htaccess file, then I created one. Then I noticed I can't see what I created then I figured out it must be hidden and found it. But I assume when I created new .htaccess file I accidentally removed what's written in old .htaccess file

Anyway, everything related to Google SEO Plugin works just fine. The problem started today, when I noticed redirection in my forum is not working anymore.

I have 2 URLs for forum

1. forum.sitename.com
  2. sitename.com/forum
Second one is supposed to redirect to first one (which is also cookie url) but no matter what its simply refusing to work. What should I do? Please help.
Try adding this:

Redirect 301 /forum http://www.forum.sitename.com
Thank you, I removed www. part and it seems like it works, do you think there can be anything else broken with me losing that part in document?
It all depends what content you had in there. Every .htaccess is different. Different sites have different redirects etc but if everything seems okay then I think your good to go, just let us know if there is any other issues and I'll try reply to them for you Big Grin