MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: To All Theme Makers - Portal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've looked at a lot of themes here that have live url's to demo's... Wink

Most are very good, some are not... But that's only my opinion, and that's why a lot of people pick different horses to win a race; we all have our own tastes.. Smile

I change the url to /portal.php and see a portal that is anything but attractive. Sad

The portal should be one of the main theme components that need to be considered. Change it... Make it attractive; because to me, that should be the gateway to your forum.

It has everything, Who's on line, latest this and that etc.. You can add new modules for your news blogs etc, and just about anything else.. So why not make it an integral part of your theme modifications by working on it. ??
Well I've never used the portal, I've deleted it instead. It isn't needed on most of my forums.

But that's just my opinion.
There lays the problem, the portal is part of the theme; and if the structure of the theme is changed to vB lookalikes / extreme styling etc, then so should the portal receive the same attention. Wink
Lopalong Wrote:There lays the problem, the portal is part of the theme; and if the structure of the theme is changed to vB lookalikes / extreme styling etc, then so should the portal receive the same attention. Wink

Iv got a vB theme portal which I made but still don't use it. Portals are pointless
Agreed.