MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: backup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i downloaded a backup the other day but have no idea how to run it can anyone help??

and once i perform a backup will i lose all recent threads?
Hi,

Do you want to completely restore your forum from the back up you have? What is your board URL?
i wanna restore it to the backup i downloaded few days ago. theres too much to lose restorin it completely..

u mean address??? www.staking101.com/forum
Please PM me with your forum details (ftp, cpanel) and upload your backup to your public_html directory.
ok ill do it now
User wants to restore threads to one sub forum without loosing any other data. Unsure if this can be done, leaving this to the Support Team as they'll have a better idea Big Grin
Im not sure this will work... its a child forum thats been deleted with alot of threads in.

Is there no way i can just get back that specific child forum? as i will lose too much doing a backup

(2016-01-04, 05:30 PM)Ben C Wrote: [ -> ]User wants to restore threads to one sub forum without loosing any other data. Unsure if this can be done, leaving this to the Support Team as they'll have a better idea Big Grin

ty
restoring from backup can be done but it consumes time & network resources. in general, it is a paid work !
is there any way a mirror site can be created so that i can perform the backup there and get what i need from it??
^ mirror site can be created with database backup. but its not [easily] possible to transfer contents from mirror forum to real forum.
Pages: 1 2