MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Permissions help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
DennisTT Wrote:This feature is not in MyBB; MyBB is not vBulletin. If you are using vBulletin, you'll have to ask on their forum.

a few friends sad me that mybb is small copy of vb... and, on first look, it's look like vb, but is not..
MyBB isn't a copy of vBulletin. We develop our own features, particularly what users request and we can't help it if another board also has those features.
Ok, why forum won't to chancge user title when user rich x posts?
Just answer me that!!

Few users have 35 post, but for chancing user title he need 30 posts, and the user title is still same.. what he have..
Maybe you set it up wrong.
Tikitiki Wrote:Maybe you set it up wrong.

lol?
i'm not stupid
I know where is the problem.
The only problem is here, in community and developers!!
Why?

Because you don't know what your software can do, what can use.. and why that?
Because 80% of code is copy/paste from other forums!(like vb)
And just a small edit!

And you sad me that you develop your own SW.. lol

i'm going to smf, mybb sucks!
Look what you did, you made me cry. But, it are tears of happiness 'cause you leave =P
That's strong words from one that can't set it up correct to begin with. And if you'd even looked at the code you wouldn't see and resemblance in code.
So why do you even say that when you obviously haven't read the code?
Can you provide a link to your forum?....

I can't help you if you don't even provide adequate information. I can't guess what's going wrong as much as you could. Simply saying "x feature ain't working" doesn't help.
In the Admin CP the option of 'Users and groups' - 'User titles' looks like this as default.
  • Newbie (Minimum Posts: 0) [edit] [delete]
  • Junior Member (Minimum Posts: 1) [edit] [delete]
  • Member (Minimum Posts: 50) [edit] [delete]
  • Senior Member (Minimum Posts: 250) [edit] [delete]
  • Posting Freak (Minimum Posts: 750) [edit] [delete]
Editing these and ensuring that none of these overlap in post count will mean that it works.
Paste your settings for this option here if you'd like help.

Also, don't insult the people who you've asked for help, show patience and provide all the information relevant. Smile
If MyBB did copy their code from other forum softwares, don't you think they'd be in legal trouble? I wonder why they aren't. Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2