MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Automatically subscribe new users to forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've searched and searched for this answer and not yet come up with it.

I have a private board with one forum with limited activity for a small non-profit club. We use the board as a way to communicate with one another and share ideas. There is an average of 1 new thread a week in the one forum. There are 60 registered members on this forum.

Several members have requested a way to receive email notifications for any new thread. These members are not the most tech savvy users so even though I've instructed them how to subscribe to the forum, they still cannot figure it out.

What SQL query would I run to automatically subscribe all current members to this one forum? 

And what code would I add to automatically subscribe any new members to this one forum? I manually create all new members so there is no registration process.
this guidance can be helpful (though it was provided for older version of MyBB)
Thank you for the quick reply! 

I've already run the query to set everyone's default subscription mode. But I need to subscribe all members to a forum. As in the link at the top right of a forum, just under "Post Thread" titled "Subscribe to this forum".

[attachment=35708]

Is there a query I can run to add all members as a subscriber to this one forum? I was able to find the table (mybb_forumsubscriptions) that I'd need to edit, just need a little help figuring out the query.
looks like we missed your earlier thread about this - can you check it once again ..

INSERT INTO `mybb_forumsubscriptions` (`uid`) SELECT  `uid` FROM `mybb_users`;
UPDATE `mybb_forumsubscriptions` SET `fid`= forumID;
note: forumID is the forum id (number)
Thank you! I knew I'd asked this question before and looked through my previous threads. This old thread did not show up for me.