MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: upgrade from 1.6.11 to 1.8.6 template screwed up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
like the title says i did a full upgrade basicly i uploaded the new version of mybb via file zilla and replaced all current files and ran the upgrade, it went so smooth and looked sexy but when i go to look at my forum i see this:

[attachment=35714]

what am i doing wrong?
simple fix is installing a new theme & switching to it
MyBB 1.8.x compatible themes available here

if required, see theme installation guidance => http://community.mybb.com/thread-163256.html

fixing existing theme :
upgrading guidance Wrote:Visit your Admin Control Panel, then go to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates.
This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed - or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed, it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.
Never mind i fixed it by just deleting the theme and looking in the mybb download package Upload\install\resources and grabbing the mybb_theme.xml and importing it

We must of been posting at the same time, yea that's what i ended up doing . Thanks