MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No quick edit dropdown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The edit drop down menu on my site and other functions are not working, what do I have to update or replace. What sheets are involved
what is your forum url & which theme you are using ? provide a test user account so that someone can check it
Local host testing site, what files are involved in that function, I may be edited them, I'll just restore them with a default copy
Hi
I faced this problem
Solution: change the template and reinstall it
(2016-01-07, 06:05 PM)Alizke Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
I faced this problem
Solution: change the template and reinstall it

I don't think my problem is a template, I made sure to check if the problem was local or global by switching the theme to default and the problem was still there
Please really need help!!!
<a href="editpost.php?pid={$post['pid']}" id="edit_post_{$post['pid']}" title="{$lang->postbit_edit}" class="postbit_edit">
	<span class="root_button">{$lang->postbit_button_edit}</span>
</a>

<div id="edit_post_{$post['pid']}_popup" class="popup_menu" style="display: none;">
	<div class="popup_item_container">
		<a href="javascript:;" class="popup_item quick_edit_button" id="quick_edit_post_{$post['pid']}">
			{$lang->postbit_quick_edit}
		</a>
	</div>
	<div class="popup_item_container">
		<a href="editpost.php?pid={$post['pid']}" class="popup_item">
			{$lang->postbit_full_edit}
		</a>
	</div>
</div>
<script type="text/javascript">
// <!--
	if(use_xmlhttprequest == "1")
	{
		$("#edit_post_{$post['pid']}").popupMenu();
	}
// -->
</script>
I used that code in the postbit_edit and it shows the drop down and I am able to quick edit but when I re-add the display: none; the edit button doesn't become clickable anymore. I really need help with this guys,
have you tried on a different theme and see if this error continues to happen?
If you link us to your site with a test account that we may login to to check and test this problem ourselves you would likely get more help.

I've had this same problem before as well, have you added in any java or such?