MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Contact.php email send error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

When i press submit on contact form i get this error

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/edibzuoe/public_html/inc/mailhandlers/php.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/php') in /home/edibzuoe/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 544
Check if the file php.php in the folder inc/mailhandlers exists, if not, upload the file to your host. Also you should do File Verification in MyBB's ACP under Tools, to check for additional missing/faulty files.
its missing all these files
inc/mailhandlers/index.html Missing
inc/mailhandlers/php.php Missing
inc/mailhandlers/smtp.php Missing

How its possible?
I'm not sure. Maybe your ftp client didn't have the interest to let you send mails? You can fix that by re-uploading them.
i reuploaded them, but i wont get my emails i send using the Contact page. I used contact and admin email as my personal email
Do you get any errors? What's written in MyBBs maillog?
It says that message successfully sent,
where i can find the maillog

EDIT: Maillog have all emails i sent, but shouldnt it come to my personal email too. Like if i have Outlook email. Then in the outlook website in the email?
Are you hosting your forum on a free hoster or on a paid webspace? On many free hosters are some php functions disabled, for example the sendmail() function, which is required to send mails. If that's the case you need to use the SMTP method to send mails.
paid hoster

and i get error in mail log:
MyBB was unable to send the email using the PHP mail() function.

I got it fixed with this
http://community.mybb.com/attachment.php?aid=11359

upload it to your inc/mailhandlers and rename php.php to php-old.php

rename that file you uploaded to ftp to php.php
and go to line 57 replace it with this

if(ini_get('safe_mode') == 1 || strtolower(ini_get('safe_mode')) == 'on')
{
$sent = @mail($this->to, $this->subject, $this->message);
}
else
{
$sent = @mail($this->to, $this->subject, $this->message);
}