MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A Right To Left problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: skilzol9.jpg]
what can I do?
Or-L Wrote:what can I do?

A common problem when working with Hebrew text is that a text editor will get confused and treat the Hebrew text as English text, and will reverse its direction from right-to-left to left-to-right. This reverses the text, making the first letter the last, and making the last the first.

Though I made the theme you are using..., I am not too sure currently on a Hebrew fix..., as English is my native language. Though you can edit css and code to place things where you would like them to be of course.

Though a quick question.., do you have this problem with other themes? Also do you have the Hebrew language files installed?

Get them here:
Hebrew MyBB files

Also you may want to try asking the Hebrew Translator for MyBB:
Oded Dwek

As I can only give English support for my themes.
Yes im using the Hebrew translation by Oded Dwek.
And im using your theme because I like it, that problem is occurring while using the original MyBB theme too.
This is very bad, I was using IPB and MyBB is SO better than IPB, so pity that I cant use MyBB. Sad
Just a question of interest Wink

Were you using IPB themes that were written in Arabic ??, because theme tables do not adjust automatically just because of a language change.

The theme tables are different for right or left as you may appreciate.

I wouldn't know where to start, but I have seen some Arabic themes here that are written by Hebrews, and they too would need to be converted from right to left by English-speaking folk's if they wanted to use them. Wink