MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Invalid Adminstration Session
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Working on the same site as Russel. Tried most of the suggestions above and nothing changed.

With that said we don't have tapatalk in our inc folder is that a problem?

Also I can tell you that ours is working through the database check because an invalid login comes back invalid but a valid login looks like it works however no cookies are being created.
Any advice or guidance would help tremendously. I'm working with russel to see what was changed between it working and not working.

Was any underlying reason like switching templates or something like that ever found to be the cause for anyone else?
^ contact your web host and ask if they have mod_security enabled - if so ask to disable it for your forum
I renamed like htaccess file to ".htaccess" without the quotes as mentioned in the linked article. First attempt got an internal 500 error. However upon refresh it loaded and I wasn't logged in. So I attempted to login in again and this time it went through everything seemed ok however nothing changed log in wise however.

I will attempt to contact tech support today with the host company and see what they have to say about it. Surely they won't mind too much. Any other ideas on things to check for.

Something else I want to add on Russel's post. It was actually upon the thrid users registration counting 1 as the intial login created during setup. I was then able to create myself an account and get that setup with permissions and all. Then another user registers and the problem starts.

Also I registered another user today and was able to do everything except login during that process as well. And if you look under registered users you can tell the user has been added and followed through becoming an active account.

It's just like we're missing that one last step in the login process that keeps you logged in after verification.
^ if direct help required, assuming that you have a legit forum (see support eligibility policy)
you may PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & files (FTP) to check it

however I may stay online for about 30 minutes from now
And I can check back tomorrow (after about 10 hours from now)
I will probably reach out soon. I want to talk in detail more with russell about things and see if we can get lucky and come up with a solution before we take up any more of your time. It's probably something simple that we just aren't thinking of or something I missed in setup. Thank you for your help.
Pages: 1 2