MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to move the welcome panel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, I'm stumped. I've been searching the community for hours and tried as many search combinations I could think of to solve my simple question.

I'm using myBB 1.8.6 and I'm working on localhost, so I'll provide reference pictures. 

What I want to do is to move the panel (that has the welcomeblock on top of the forum) to the top of the theme/page that I'm building. I thought that by taking the panel div and moving it to the top of the header template, it would move. I was partially right, but the styling to the bottom links stopped working.

Reference: Click here.

I will obviously restyle it at a later time, but for now I'm just trying to figure out what the hell to do from this point. I am thinking that this might involve something with the header welcomeblock guest and header welcomeblock member templates, but it doesn't seem like I should touch them, considering they provide the styling. So I'm not exactly sure what I'm over looking. 

Thank you in advance. Hopefully this wasn't a word salad.
If you want to move the user panel, which have the login / register buttons, and also, the menu when the user is logged in, you need to open the header template and search the variable {$welcomeblock}, then you can edit the template header_welcomeblock_guest for the guest view and the header_welcomeblock_member for the users when they login into your forum.