MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My Forum activation query
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I am new to MyBB and just acquired the Forum for my website which has an external host.  

Apparently, I received a message from my hosting site that indicated, "that there is no domain attached to this account, if you have a domain with a different account or with a different registrar, you'll need to manually update your DNS to point to our nameservers."  

Can anyone tell me how to do this and point MyBB to the hosting site?  

Also, how can I open the FORUM once it is pointed properly?

Thanks.  
Micky
are you using a free webhost for your MyBB forum ?
if so that host should be having a support forum / customer support to provide exact guidance. please contact the host.
No, unfortunately it is not a free host, I have to pay for it. However, they indicated that I have to contact MyBB and this is where I now am at.

Micky
When you acquired the forum did you acquire both access to the web host it resides and the domain?

You need control of the domain and should have control of the web host that is running mybb. Do you have both?
(2016-01-10, 03:24 AM)ThemeFreaknet Wrote: [ -> ]When you acquired the forum did you acquire both access to the web host it resides and the domain?

You need control of the domain and should have control of the web host that is running mybb. Do you have both?

I have control of the web host.  I thought that I had control of the Forum.
your web host panel should consist of name server details. you have to use those details for your domain.
actually your web host should have sent you a mail with the name server details. you have to follow it.

moreover web host's support site should be having detailed guidance of starting a web site & running it.
in general, such guidance is named as knowledge base or how to / faq guides.

if all this is confusing then you may PM me your web host login & domain login.
(2016-01-10, 03:50 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]your web host panel should consist of name server details. you have to use those details for your domain.
actually your web host should have sent you a mail with the name server details. you have to follow it.

moreover web host's support site should be having detailed guidance of starting a web site & running it.
in general, such guidance is named as knowledge base or how to / faq guides.

if all this is confusing then you may PM me your web host login & domain login.

Yes, I will contact the web host to get the name server details.  

Thank you very much.  I appreciate it.
After you get the name server info, you then need to find out where your domain was registered. Sometimes the domain is 'registered' where the host is and sometimes the domain is registered at a completely different web site.

With the name server in hand you will have to point the domain to your current web host.
What is the procedure to add a content in the forum.
Go to admin cp and forums.

Create forums, cats, and subforums.

There is one cat and one forum created by default, you can edit that data and see structure to begin with your forum contents or getting started call it as you wish.