MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I need traffic for my forum.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Forum opens Tomorrow, and before i do Official opening i would like to know if any of you know the best places i can post (even if i have to pay) that will bring traffic. does anyone offer such a thing in this forum to?

ones i finish the first place i will post my forum is here, but i want to advertise many places.
I don't mind playing as long as i know is legit and the price is reasonable.
For now I would basically advertise on webmaster, admin and promotion forums.

Search on Google: Promotion forum
You will get a lot of forums that allow you to advertise your websites for free. Smile
(2016-01-13, 07:01 PM)Ashley S Wrote: [ -> ]For now I would basically advertise on webmaster, admin and promotion forums.

Search on Google: Promotion forum
You will get a lot of forums that allow you to advertise your websites for free. Smile

Given the OP wants traffic, I hardly would consider a promotion forum the best way to get it. Then you get caught in a stupid loop where you spend more time promoting your site than you do working on it. 

Seriously, OP, don't use promotion forums; at best, you'll get 2 members. If that. Promotion forums are built around the idea that you promote your site (as with everyone else) - people aren't actually looking to *join* new sites on that sort of website. It's a waste of time.
cool forum boris mate. ive bookmarked it for now
Word of mouth and SEO worked best for me. So it's important you keep working on and improving your board!
There are communities that trade posts. With posts you get content, and the more content you have the better your chances are of being discovered by potential members.

Now this is not hard to do, but getting someone to keep on coming back is a challenge. You need to have active mods to solve issues, helpful information that demonstrates that your forums has structure. Continue to update things, don't just make the forums and then say it's done.

Running a community in many ways, more than one, is like writing a paper. Remember in school when you would say you were done with the paper, story, poem, or whatever? That one teacher would correct you and say, "You are never done with it." Something can always be added or made better and even replaced entirely.

It's kind of like a shop, the most successful shops are constantly changing. People complain about it, but people will complain over anything. The truth is, people enjoy change. If you were to walk into walmart or kroger every visit and the items you were looking for were always in that "one" spot. You would start to feel like it's a routine.

Most people do not like having a boring routine and like to mix it up a bit. Now I'm not saying you should constantly change your forums' layout or section order. That is annoying. Just keep adding features and revising those features.

There's a whole lot you can do with a forums. Keep it on topic and take care of it. After all; a forums is a direct representation of the owner. Neat and organized? The owner probably cares a lot about the forums and will take care of it and keep it in a running fashion.

Just think about it.
thank you guys very much for the feedback really, i have done many work on the forum and there is so much more to do! If anyone can also help me with seo i will be very happy! thank you guys