MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Site unavailable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For hours I was getting an error from CloudFlare saying that community.mybb.com was not responding.
Hi,

We was being DDOS'd earlier, hopefully everything is resolved now.

Thanks.
(2016-01-11, 08:41 PM)Ben C Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

We was being DDOS'd earlier, hopefully everything is resolved now.

Thanks.

Just out of curiosity; was this posted on either Twitter or Facebook? Maybe let us know what's going on as it happens. The team (and I suspect more specifically the Community Team) are spread out all over the world.
Hi Ben,

Regrettably, few people on the Community Team actually have access to the Twitter account after the credentials were changed after that kid compromised the account a few months back. Paul and I are the only people that have it, as far as I know. I was in school and Paul was not available at that time, so we unfortunately didn't have the freedom to announce it at that time.

I did, however, post 7 hours ago (roughly 3 prior to your post) that we had mitigated the DDoS and were monitoring for issues.

Thanks,

Josh
(2016-01-12, 05:28 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]Regrettably, few people on the Community Team actually have access to the Twitter account after the credentials were changed after that kid compromised the account a few months back. Paul and I are the only people that have it, as far as I know. I was in school and Paul was not available at that time, so we unfortunately didn't have the freedom to announce it at that time.

Ah yeah forgot about that. I suppose it's a Tucker's Law* in a way. 

That explains it. Cheers

* Parental Advisory, may does contain course language.