MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how will the installation process work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Out of curiosity, for 2.0, how will people be able to install it? Just like the current MyBB (upload the files), or do we have to use a console or something like that?
It should be relatively similar to 1.x. Upload files, run the installer. While some features (like migrations) are typically done via the command line, I'm sure the installer will handle that for you. At worst it'll be a system() call to run Artisan.
(2016-01-12, 04:35 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]It should be relatively similar to 1.x. Upload files, run the installer. While some features (like migrations) are typically done via the command line, I'm sure the installer will handle that for you. At worst it'll be a system() call to run Artisan.

You can call artisan commands outside of CLI. It won't be a system() call! Toungue
(2016-01-12, 05:30 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-12, 04:35 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]It should be relatively similar to 1.x. Upload files, run the installer. While some features (like migrations) are typically done via the command line, I'm sure the installer will handle that for you. At worst it'll be a system() call to run Artisan.

You can call artisan commands outside of CLI. It won't be a system() call! Toungue

Damn that's sexy.
Yep, it'll be almost exactly the same as it is now Smile