MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB merge script doesn't work with PostgreSQL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There are several SQL syntax errors preventing it from running on a postgres server. In addition, if it alters a table to add columns and there are no columns to add, it'll try executing "ALTER TABLE mybb_users" -- eg no extra code. It should instead do an isempty check.
Despite doing all of this in my modification of the script, there are still several errors in the script htat prevent it from working properly with PgSQL.
We are porting from a MySQL forum to PG, if it is important.
Is there something my post is lacking? This is a kind of important point to determine if we use mybb or not.
Unfortunately there are only a few MyBB users with SQLite and PgSQL. While we aim full compatibility with MyBB itself, making the Merge System compatible is really low priority.
You should mention that instead of just failing in the merge system, then.
Well, I'm trying to help where I can, however I'm pretty busy atm.

There's already a thread somewhere in this forum (online via smartphone so can't search fire our atm) which fixes the migration for sqlite which may help you, however without knowing from which software you're trying to merge I can't guarantee that it'll work. Also it'd be nice to know when exactly the error occurs.
There are errors like the one listed in the OP, and there's errors where it tries to create tables with MYISAM engine type, which obviously PG doesn't support.
We are porting from PHPBB3.
As I don't have a PgSQL server to test atm I can only guess which errors you get...

However I've attached a functions.php (in the resources directoy) which doesn't use direct queries and instead makes use of the database classes so at least creating the tables/fields should work now. I can't fix the modules without exact errors though.
Ye booting up a pg server is real difficult yup yes correct.
(2016-01-20, 10:44 PM)Wire Wrote: [ -> ]Ye booting up a pg server is real difficult yup yes correct.
Setting up PgSQL, a MyBB forum and a forum to be merged (populated with data) and testing certainly takes a while. Wink
You just need at least one row per table merged to see what the errors would be, so I don't see why that would take so long.
Pages: 1 2