MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Too many non-activated users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Our forum had been left unused for quite some time and should be put to life again. Meanwhile, spammers have tried to register fake accounts, so there are around 17,000 unactivated users.

I tried to set Configuration, User Pruning, but to no avail. In the tasks, I set time to 11 when it was just 10 minutes away, nothing happened. Then tried 2 AM again, waited for a night, no reaction.

What have I missed?

Thanks for any hints!

Rolf
(2016-01-15, 12:05 PM)rweilert Wrote: [ -> ]What have I missed?

Someone has to be online for the task to run. You can click on the clock icon next to the task name to execute it immediately.
(2016-01-15, 12:21 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-15, 12:05 PM)rweilert Wrote: [ -> ]What have I missed?

Someone has to be online for the task to run. You can click on the clock icon next to the task name to execute it immediately.

Perfect! That was it. Thanks so much! Smile

Rolf
I know you got this done but to avoid it in future, I would restrict the awaiting activation group's permissions even further. That way they will need to manually activate.
I set up a cron job to hit my task.php every few minutes. My board is extremely niche, so there are hours with no hits