MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do forums ban Proxys,Vpns and the tor network
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You saw sites like hackforums they got a system and all tor ,vpn and proxys are banned and you cant access the site. What are they using? I saw a lot of forums have this and i cant believe that they just banned all the ips .Is it a plug in or something?
Most of them write their own plugins and don't release it. You can probably find someone willing to help for a little bit of compensation.
(2016-01-15, 08:18 PM)Codie Wrote: [ -> ]Most of them write their own plugins and don't release it. You can probably find someone willing to help for a little bit of compensation.

Ok thanks .
(2016-01-15, 08:18 PM)Codie Wrote: [ -> ]Most of them write their own plugins and don't release it.  You can probably find someone willing to help for a little bit of compensation.

Most IP ranges are publicly listed. Just ban the IPs. No need for a plugin. If you're using a plugin for this; you're doing it wrong.
I wrote a plugin for this: http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=629

But Ben Cousins is right, it would be better to ban services and not PHP. Although the plugin does the trick too.
Do it at the DNS level (i.e. CloudFlare) or at the server level (i.e. Apache or Nginx DENY blocklists).
You have been denied support. Please do not post your threads elsewhere.