MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL Error 1054
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Unable to add a new forum or category. Get the below error. 
BATR Forum is on http://forum.batr.net/index.php

Request instructions to resolve this problem so I can add a new Forum Category.

Thanks, in advance

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'modposts' in 'field list'
Query:
INSERT INTO myb_forums (name,description,linkto,type,pid,parentlist,disporder,active,open,allowhtml,allowmycode,allowsmilies,allowimgcode,allowvideocode,allowpicons,allowtratings,usepostcounts,password,showinjump,modposts,modthreads,mod_edit_posts,modattachments,style,overridestyle,rulestype,rulestitle,rules,defaultdatecut,defaultsortby,defaultsortorder) VALUES ('Faith in Christ','','','c','0','','1','1','1','0','1','1','1','1','1','1','1','','1','0','0','0','0','0','0','0','','','0','','')
if you have recently upgraded your forum then ensure that you have uploaded all files of the new version

can you run file verification tool available at tools & maintenance section of admin panel to find missing / changed files ...
ignore files reported from install folder & its subfolders. Also ignore reported images.
you have to replace reported files from MyBB source files pack of your forum's version.
Thanks for the reply. Yes I can run the file verification and no problems were found. Note using 1.6.12 (1612) version and was told a 1.8.6 (1806) version is available. Do not see an auto update, only a link to download.

Before I make a mistake, should I update to the newest version as a first step/ If yes, please instruct HOW.

If the verification did not find a problem do not understand what to replace.

Await further detail instructions.
THANKS for helping.
1.6.x is not supported anymore. You need to upgrade to 1.8.x to receive further support. But my guess is that you're using a 1.8 file/plugin in 1.6 and that causes the error.