MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mail not works
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi
i have mybb and wordpress installed in my hosting.
In that wordpress mail functions works well.But in mybb no mail works even new registration mail also not works please some one post screenshots of mail seetings in configuration at admin cp both php mail and smtp mail settings

i dont know what to give in additional parameter in php mail

when i use smtp my error error log is

Unable to connect to the mail server with the given details. Reason: 110: Connection timed out
which mail system you are using for the wordpress ?
if mail is working from wordpress then the same details should work with MyBB.
additional parameter may not be required for the php mail
i get
MyBB was unable to send the email using the PHP mail() function.

while using php mail.

i dont know which mail system i just installed wordpress complete software pack for blog
have you seen mail issues
tried that to got PHP could not send the mail
if you want to use php mail then contact your web host.

or
you can try using Google SMTP mail like this or you can try using other third party SMTP mail (eg. mailchimp)
web host replied that

* Either FROM or TO address domain part is hosted in server.
* If in the TO address the domain mentioned is not hosted on the same server, and FROM address is something like user@otherhostname, mails will be rejected.

and i tried to edit inc/fuctions.php but resulted in php error please help me how exactly i have to edit inc/functions.php
^ can you post that php error which you got after editing functions.php file ..
I tested by sending mail to same domain name and mail sent but I need to send mail to other gmail accounts. I need step by step instructions to edit function.php I can't able to find
mail ($to , $subject, $message , $headers );

in functions.php
please tell me what is line number in function.php file to edit