MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: html code
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
LeX- Wrote:
Firewolf Wrote:
LeX- Wrote:666 is readable, not writable ... it must be 777. And that info isn't stored in your settings.php, its stored in your DB.

777 is writable for folders such as 'uploads'.
And 666 is writable for files such as 'config.php'. Smile

On the other hand, 755 is readable for folders, and 644 is readable for files... Smile

And still they recommend 777.

Anyhow it is safer that settings.php chmods 666, and you can also manage the settings while it's 666...

In the meantime, allowing html for pms and signature is stored in the settings.php but as you mentioned allowing html for threads are just stored in the DB.. Thanks for reminding..
CraKteR Wrote:666 is minimum permission yes. 777 is executeable aswell - which isn't needed for files, only for folders.

ah right - mines was set for 777 - set it to 666 - we will see hwo it goes Smile

thanks

*edit*
Sad still not working
gonna try the user/group update
where can i do this - i cant see an html option in the manage groups section
metalcherry Wrote:Sad still not working
gonna try the user/group update
where can i do this - i cant see an html option in the manage groups section

Then the problem is due to the inc/functions_post.php file..

Open the inc/functions_post.php and search the following code:

First:
			global $forum;
			$parser_options['allow_html'] = $forum['allowhtml'];

and then:
			$id = intval($post['pid']);
			$parser_options['allow_html'] = $forum['allowhtml'];

If one of these codes doesn't exist, please change this file with a new one from MyBB 1.2.6 version..
i have updated the software to 1.2.6 already but its still the same
checked the file functions_post and its the same as yours Sad
Have you ever installed TinyMCE in your board before?
Confused i have no idea what that is or ever heard of it so i will have to say no Smile

i have quite a few sub forums and they are all set at "allow html" but i have spotted that a few wont post it Sad
my reviews and styles section is set at allow but they keep coming up as raw html Confused i dont know why its only choosing a couple of forums.
OK I can add html when I make changes in manage forum but this mean that everybody can use html. I want oly that admin and moderators can use this function.
Pages: 1 2