MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Variables and functions on the postbit template
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have a simple question that I need to know in order to develop better themes (and know more about MyBB).

Recently I saw a mistake of mine, but I don't know the source of this. In a private theme that I made for a friend, a few things work in a wrong way.

I discover that a few classes of css aren't just "classes", they have more functions than I thought, for example post_body class.

Adding that class in the message area makes the quick view of your post (If you remove that class, you need to refresh the thread in order to see a new post).

Another problem that I have is the quick reply with the "close thread" option; it doesn't work and I assume (maybe I'm wrong) is a missing class or id.

So, anyone of the Staff members, and I know you're busy but... can lend me a hand on this? I only need to know which classes of the postbit are mandatory in order to make the postbit template 100% functional.

Cheers.
You should of course generally keep the class/ID naming in custom themes - if not for core functionalities, then imagine a plugin adding something (e.g. a postbit button) without knowing the renamed attribute. Keeping names also makes support easier since most people don't tend to think about sharing their board URL..

Close thread checkbox not working is a bug in the current MyBB version.