MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disable search action timeout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I left my phpBB, now I run my forum on myBB 1.8. Everything works great, maybe better, and I am very happy about my decision.

But one thing I would like to eliminate.

If you are going to search for Lastest post, or lastest in 24h, you got redirected to search.php?action=getnew or search.php?action=getdialy.
Then, small table shows, informing you "Hey, I started what you want, search started". Well, thats nice, that myBB informs you, that it started doing what you wanted it to do.

My question is simple: Is it possible to skip this info-table? Well, or, maybe it is not possible, dont know the "routes" of the code. In that case, is it possible to somehow reduce the timeout of this info-box to zero, or to some very low value, that the info-box wont bother you and restrain you, everytime you want to show lastest posts?

I got through search.php file, but no variable like time, or timeout, I was not able to find.

Thanks in advance Smile
Hi
First notice that the following work will disable all redirect pages (not only search)
Go to configuration > General Configuration > Friendly Redirection Pages > set it to off
Good luck
Yaaay, missed that .. well, thank you a lot, wrks great Smile
+1

Solved, please lock Smile