MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make my MyBB Forum Secure.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings!  Big Grin

Hello, Can anyone please tell me some tips and precautions about MyBB forum. First time i used SMF forum engine and a egyptian guy hacked and posted adult stuffs and abuse. and last time when i was using mybb forum engine. a guy hacked into a admin account and removed all posts and threads and after months i am back to creating forum for my small gaming community and i installed fresh copy of latest MyBB forum.  Angel

Rolleyes  First step i done is that i used cloudflare on my site. [No matter it slows down the site Sad ]

what else i can do to prevent someone to hack into my forum (again).  Huh  

Thanks in advance.
First tip I can give you is not using free web hosting. If you're doing this, invest some money into a paid host. You may also want to limit the amount of accounts that have access to the ACP.

A few other things you can do to secure your admin panel (You can do all of these in /inc/config.php):
  • Add a PIN to your ACP login
  • Change your ACP directory to a random jumble of text (eg: mydomain.com/IH9SA8DM8SADMVH0-)
  • Hide ACP links on your forum - This is to hide direct links to your ACP incase an admin account is compromised (You can find this in config.php as well)