MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: disable post author in a topic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I have made 2 topics, one called Rules and one called Howto enter forum.

On both topics I want to disable the post author option so that is showing who had made this topic. Only I want this by this 2 topics and not on all topics. So how can I fix to disable author options on this two topics??

Thanks everyone!!
Hi
Be aware that this tutorial isn't tested!
Go to phpmyadmin and click on your forum database in left, then find mybb_threads table and click on it
Then remove the username row (not all) of your specific thread (tap edit button)
This may work for you!
Good luck
(2016-01-18, 02:22 PM)Alizke Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
Be aware that this tutorial isn't tested!
Go to phpmyadmin and click on your forum database in left, then find mybb_threads table and click on it
Then remove the username row (not all) of your specific thread (tap edit button)
This may work for you!
Good luck

Thanks but the username is still showing on the top of the topic, thats what I mean not in the forum self or on last post its the author at the topic self on top
There is really nobody with a sollution???
you have to install template conditionals plugin & use required conditionals in the templates
(2016-01-24, 05:05 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you have to install template conditionals plugin & use required conditionals in the templates

I have installed already this plugin for other thinks, so I have this plugin. But how or wich code can I use to delete on one topic the author??

Thanks
<if !in_array($thread['tid'], array(1,2,3)) then>{$thread['profilelink']}</if>
Of course change 1,2,3 to proper IDs.
(2016-01-24, 07:54 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]
<if !in_array($thread['tid'], array(1,2,3)) then>{$thread['profilelink']}</if>
Of course change 1,2,3 to proper IDs.

Thanks but now where to put the code Wink
^ forumdisplay_thread template consists of {$thread['profilelink']}
you can use suggested code there (replace existing code with conditional)

if you also want to remove author name on actual topics then
you can use similar condition for {$post['profilelink']} in the postbit templates
(2016-01-27, 10:33 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^  forumdisplay_thread template consists of   {$thread['profilelink']}
you can use suggested code there (replace existing code with conditional)

if you also want to remove author name on actual topics then
you can use similar condition for {$post['profilelink']} in the postbit templates

Thanks allot, but if I use the code this will happend to all the threads or posts?? And I want it by one post only
Pages: 1 2