MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help investigating an incident
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

Someone on my board somehow broke into my account (the password was guessed right the 1st time, I suspect its the member that knows me IRL) and I need to obtain the IP and find out for sure. Reason why I know that the entry was unauthorized is because I got the "IP doesn't match last Administration session" message, even though my IP always stays the same, I've never had this issue before and I never go into my account anywhere else but the computer I'm on now. Because the password was right the 1st time or for whatever other reason, an email was not deployed to alert me that someone broke in. Is there some way I can check to find the IP? I went into Admin logs and they didn't help, I don't know how to get into raw access logs, so that's also a problem.

Any help would be appreciated. Regards,
Ask your host (or get from your control panel) the access logs of apache, ASAP (before a log-rotate clears them out). Look for any ip accessing /admin/ folder.
Also note that it could be your ISP just rotating IPs (If you have a dynamic one).
The only places you will find them is the Admin CP Log and your host's access logs. We don't have any other log available.
Ok, does anyone from support mind if I e-mail you the access logs so all IPs accessing the admin folder on 4/29 and 4/30 can be found? I can't understand or find what I need in the log for the life of me and I feel a little uncomfortable posting it publically.

Thanks,
Why not just change your password and secure your site? It doesn't sound like anything bad happened. If you need help with the log filtering you can PM me. I have some time today and I work with raw logs all the time.