MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom login question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I made a script recently that takes a users Minecraft/Mojang account information and verifies it using Mojangs auth servers and then, if the account information is valid, returns several kinds of data including the username and UUID. I mention the UUID because, if you didnt know, a player can chnage their Mojang/Minecraft account name but they have a UUID which never changes. This UUID would be used in the databases, so that the users current username is shown. I was wondering if theres a way to replace the current MyBB login script with this custom one, and have it still function the same, and completely remove the register script as i wouldnt have a need for it. Since the user is able to change their Mojang account name, I made the script store the UUID of the player since that never changes. The script i mentioned can be seen in action here http://i.imgur.com/WqMBvUK.gifv
It's possible, it's been done several times for 1.6 with various plugins, notably Stewartiee's Steam Login plugin. I would recommend changing up noxwyll's 1.8-updated version of that plugin and trying to make it work with Minecraft instead of Steam.
(2016-01-19, 08:46 AM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]It's possible, it's been done several times for 1.6 with various plugins, notably Stewartiee's Steam Login plugin. I would recommend changing up noxwyll's 1.8-updated version of that plugin and trying to make it work with Minecraft instead of Steam.

I didn't know about this plugin. Thanks, I'll give that a go.