MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems installing on parahosting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've installed mybb on several host, but I had heard some really good reviews about parahosting so I decided to give them a try. For some reason I can't get the forum software running properly. During the install everything looks normal, but after I get it installed and delete the install directory when I try to go to the main page I get a bunch of gibberish characters. Please look at my site to see what I'm talking about.

I was wondering if anybody else had ran into these problems before and had an idea of what is going on.

Thanks,
Andy
Hi,

Can you please go into the ACP directly (/admin) and go into Settings -> Server and Optimization Options -> Use GZip Page Compression? -> No
Thanks, that fixed the problem. I'm surprised I've never ran into it before because I've installed with probably 5-6 different people trying to find one that had decent uptime and speed.

Thanks,
Andy
It's because the server (parahosting) doesn't support GZip compression. It's nothing to worry about and I'm glad you've got it fixed Smile

Cheers,
Tikitiki
Tikitiki Wrote:It's because the server (parahosting) doesn't support GZip compression. It's nothing to worry about and I'm glad you've got it fixed Smile

Cheers,
Tikitiki

Thanks, I'll know in the future now to go in and disable that.  I'm still very much a beginner with all this forum stuff. Mybb staff is diffinitely the most helpful and quickest to help of any that I've ever seen.
andyvr4 Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:It's because the server (parahosting) doesn't support GZip compression. It's nothing to worry about and I'm glad you've got it fixed Smile

Cheers,
Tikitiki

Thanks, I'll know in the future now to go in and disable that. I'm still very much a beginner with all this forum stuff. Mybb staff is diffinitely the most helpful and quickest to help of any that I've ever seen.

There won't be any need once 1.4 comes out. It'll be off by default so this can be prevented in the future

Cheers,
Tikitiki